- KRW 10 million Penalty from Tomorrow for Undeclared Overseas Carry-in Livestock Goods
KRW 10 million Penalty from Tomorrow for Undeclared Overseas Carry-in Livestock Goods
◈ The amendment of 'Enforcement Decree of the Act on Contagious Animal Disease' is enforced from June 1, 2019.
- This amendment applies increased penalties from June 1, 2019 when an overseas traveller imports carry-in livestock goods without declaring.
○ From July 1, 2019, the quarantine system will be supplemented by reducing compensation to farms violating quarantine measures and legal basis for protecting people have been provided.
□ Effective from June 1, 2019
○ Increased penalties to undeclared imports of carry-in livestock goods* from African Swine Fever (ASF) affected countries
- (Previous) (1st Violation) KRW 100k (2nd Violation) 500k (3rd Violation) 1 million → (Increased) KRW 5 million, 7.5, 10
* Pork or pork containing products
□ Effective from July 1, 2019
○ Strengthened standards to reduced compensation to stamping out
- Strengthened from 40% reduction to 100% reduction in case of violating FMD vaccination order
○ Provided penalty imposing standards to quarantine & hygiene management businesses from not completing education
* (1st Violation) KRW 1 million (2nd Violation) KRW 2 million (3rd Violation) KRW 5 million
○ Increased penalties in case of violating FMD vaccination order
* (Previous) (1st Violation) KRW 2 million (2nd Violation) 4 (3rd Violation) 10 → (Increased) 5, 7.5, 10
□ Effective from July 16, 2019
○ Strengthened psychological and mental treatment support to participants of livestock stamping out or incineration/burial processes
- Eliminated personal contributions and replaced by full governmental subsidy to additional professional treatments