- MAFRA Promotes Preemptive Agricultural Disaster Prevention Against Heat Wave & Storm
MAFRA Promotes Preemptive Agricultural Disaster Prevention Against Heat Wave & Storm
◇ In preparation for summer disasters such as heat wave, storm and flood, MAFRA set up 'Agricultural Disaster Measures' and sent to related agencies and local governments.
○ Considering the steady trend of damage in agricultural sector from last year's record-breaking heat wave, storm and flooding, focus on damage prevention
- Education and consulting on prevention of ginseng and poultry farms that can easily be affected by heat wave
- Support ventilating fans and micro-sprinkling devices through early execution of fruit & livestock facility modernization project
- Preliminary inspection of vulnerable facilities such as greenhouses, livestock facilities and water supply & drainage facilities in preparation for storm and flooding
○ Install and operate "agricultural disaster situation room" during June 10 - October 15
- Operate constant operation system (May - October) such as expanding renovation of existing drainage sites and performing preliminary inspection
- Complete (partially complete) 57 out of 110 districts under drainage improvement project before the rainy season (by the end of June) to prevent flooding damage
- Instruct relevant agencies how to manage crops, livestock and facilities in preparation for flooding, storm and heat wave and urge farmers for strict disaster prevention efforts
◇ Recommend farmers to be insured for agricultural disaster in preparation for damage
* Last year, 297,000 farms were insured, and 91,000 farms received KRW 823.5 billion in insurance.